Physician ADHD Group
Build a Better Core (BBC): Executive Function Skills for Physicians with ADHD
PHP is partnering with Dr. Elisabeth Baerg Hall to offer an executive function skills group exclusively for physicians with ADHD.
The Build a Better Core Program offers physicians a safe space to discuss their challenges with ADHD and discover their ADHD strengths. Sessions optimize physician wellbeing through education, skills development, and shared experiences with colleagues.
Past participants note that the collegial environment of shared experiences and practical skills helped them regain their energy for practice and rebuild their personal relationships.
“Felt like giving up on clinical medicine, but the program gave hope for improvement and support.” -Program Participant
Dr. Elisabeth Baerg Hall CCFP, FRCPC is a settler on the unceded land of the shíshálh and Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Nations. Trained as a family physician and practicing psychiatry for over 25 years, she is a recognized innovator in the ADHD community. Her passion is to unlock the strengths of adults with ADHD, specializing in assessment and treatment of healthcare professionals and executives with ADHD. Dr. Hall is a Clinical Professor, Psychiatry, UBC, Board Member of CADDRA (Canadian ADHD Resource Alliance) and founding Medical Director of the Vancouver Coastal Health Adult ADHD Clinic.
- 8 weekly Zoom sessions led by Dr. Elisabeth Baerg Hall.
- Approximately 10 physicians per group.
- Executive functioning skills covered include planning, organization, self-monitoring and regulating emotions, optimizing work and personal functioning.
Programs are offered throughout the year during physician accessible times (beginning of day, over lunch, or after hours).
Program details and dates are available at contact@EBHallMD.com.
What will you need to participate?
- Availability to attend all 8 sessions.
- Computer, laptop, or handheld device with Zoom app and webcam.
Whom will this serve?
- BC Physicians who have a physician or psychologist diagnosis of ADHD and whose other psychiatric conditions, including Depression and Anxiety, are reasonably well controlled.
- This program is not suitable for those with active or untreated Bipolar, Substance Use, Psychosis or Personality Disorder.
How much does this cost?
BC Physicians are covered through MSP.
How do I enroll?
- Your treating physician is welcome to refer you directly to Dr. Baerg Hall at Fax: 844-320-4844.
- Please include ADHD assessment and all other psychiatric assessments.
- If you are a PHP client, contact your PHP Clinical Coordinator for a referral or call 1-800-663-6729 to be a new PHP client.
- Dr. Hall makes the final decision on group composition after meeting you at a zoom pre-assessment appointment.
- All other inquiries, please contact Dr. Baerg Hall at contact@EBHallMD.com.
Contact Dr. Hall at contact@EBHallMD.com. Office Fax: 844-320-4844.