Before you make a request
The Physician Health Program (PHP) believes that all physicians should establish a long-term, trusting relationship with a primary care provider (PCP).
PCPs can be in short supply. Given the constraints, our program policies are as follows:
- Please make a request for attachment only when you are ready to see it through to an actual appointment with a PCP.
- If we succeed in matching you to a PCP, but you do not book an appointment within three weeks of receiving the match, your relationship is not established, and the match may no longer be valid.
- Should you miss this deadline, we will ask you to wait six months before offering the matching service to you again.
- Please note that this service is available to physicians and trainees only, and not to their family members.
- Once you have established a relationship with your PCP, you may ask about the possibility of accepting your family members as patients; however, the PHP cannot liaise this relationship and your PCP may decline this request.
- Be advised that, in certain cases, the PHP partners with local Divisions of Family Practice who perform the task of matching PCPs to our physician-clients.
- Only your gender, year of birth and any potential reasons for urgency are transmitted to the partner organization. Your name and other identifying information are not transmitted.
To make a request for attachment to a PCP:
- Complete the form below.
- A confirmation email will be sent notifying you that your request has been received.
- Once a suitable PCP match has been found, another email will be sent informing you of the contact details and booking instructions for your new PCP.
- Contact your new PCP within 3 weeks to book your first appointment; please note that your appointment need not occur within 3 weeks.
- Your relationship with the PCP is not confirmed until you book a first appointment.
- Confirm with us that you have booked an appointment, and that your relationship is established.